My Family’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – for 40 years and counting 🙂
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
1 pound of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla
5 Cups of Flour
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Soda
2-3 Cups of Chocolate Chips
2 Cups of Oatmeal
2 Cups of Nuts or Raisins (Optional)
- Cream the sugars, butter and eggs.
- Add vanilla, soda, salt, and flour; ease the flour in this will be a very stiff batter. Beat of 3 minutes.
- Add oatmeal, chocolate chips and optional nuts or raisins and mix until blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Don’t over bake.
* Option 1, this will make a very large batch of cookies (estimate 6 dozen???). I have never measured to see how many dozen cookies it will make but lets just say all the neighbors and my husbands co-workers get a treat the next day :).
** Option 2, what I did this last time was cook a couple dozen and shaped the rest of the cookie dough in logs, wrapped them in wax paper, then plastic wrap, and threw them in the freezer. (The cookies didn’t last long, which is why the picture is of cookie dough :P, cooked picture to come shortly.)
***Also, this recipe must be frozen or refrigerated if not cooked immediately.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2014.
The recipes found on this blog are provided as suggestions only. We cannot guarantee that favorable results will be obtained from their use and, therefore, recommend that you conduct appropriate tests under your own operating conditions prior to adoption. The recipes are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill, at their own discretion and risk. We assume no obligation or liability, and makes no warranties, with respect to these recipes.
We are not responsible for any domestic accidents, fires or food poisoning that could result from preparation of the recipes, eating of raw eggs, meat and fish. We are not responsible for any kind of food borne disease.