KAM Snap Felt Christmas Ornaments
Today I am making some child-proof Christmas ornaments with KAM Snaps. With lots of little helpful hands in my house our Christmas tree needs some durable and cute ornaments. These ornaments remind me of ones my mom and dad had on our tree in our curious stages :). KAM Snap Felt Christmas Ornaments to the rescue!!!
- A couple Sheets of Colored Felt
- KAM Snap Caps and Sockets or Studs
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Standard Sewing Machine
1. Trace the shapes that you want on your felt. I used large cookie cutters to give me the general shape. I folded the felt in half and cut out double of each shape.
2. Here is how they turned out.
3. Using a standard sewing machine I stitched around the doubled layer of felt with about a 1/8″ seam allowance and then cleaned up the edges of the felt with my scissors.
4. Then I added KAM Snap Caps and Sockets or Studs to the front of each ornament in playful colors and patterns.
5. Front view.
6. View from back.
7. Tada! FWIW, these ornaments have already been stolen off the tree and are being hauled around by one of my youngest :).
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2014.