Recycling Jeans into a Pacifier Clip using KAM Snaps and a Pacifier Clip
Every time I do a load of jeans in the laundry, I inevitable find ANOTHER pair of jeans with the knees split from seam to seam and, really, how many jean shorts can a boy use :P. They even wear though patches and re-enforced knees. I have active boys :). I have been trying to find creative ways to recycle holey jeans. Today I am recycling a pair of holey jeans into a Pacifier Clip.
Don’t forget to enter our Super-Sized Pacifier Clips/KAM Snap Giveaway!!! Only 4 days left:
Also, if you don’t want to wait, you can get 10% off our Pacifier Supplies on our website with Coupon Code: PACI2016
Supplies for a Recycled Jean Pacifier Clip:
- 1 Pair of Holey Jeans
- 1 Pacifier Clip
- 1 KAM Snap Sets
- KAM Snap Pliers and Awl
- Standard Sewing Machine
1. Using an old, holey pair of Jeans cut two 1 1/2″ x 14″ strips of material.
2. Pin the material, wrong sides together, right sides facing out.
3. Stitch around the strip of fabric about a 1/4 to 3/8″ in all the way round making sure to back stitch at the start and end.
4. Pull on the edges to fray the jean material up to the stitch you made. I used a crafty child 🙂 with a cutting board and a fork. It will also fray over time but I was going for a this look.
5. Put the Pacifier Clip on the Fabric strip about 1″ in.
6. Fold back 1″ of the strip back onto itself.
7. Straight stitch across the Fabric strip just behind the Pacifier Clip and again a 1/2″ later, I did a Zig-Zag Stitch for fun, just before the end of the doubled over Fabric strip. Make sure to set the stitch both times.
8. Make sure that the internal snap in a comfortable distance to accommodate the width of the handle, I spaced my KAM Snaps about 2″ apart using the Pacifier I have with the biggest handle.
10. Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child’s outfit and go.
11. Tada! Okay, I think this may be my favorite so far. How cute! Happy Snapping!!!
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2016.