Fabric Cover Button Pendants are simple to make and add a stylish twist to any outfit. My oldest and I made some simple Cover Button Pendants for her to share with her dearest friends. We integrated her school colors into the design. We are in love with how they turned out. Can’t wait to hear how her friends react!!!
Assembling fabric Cover Buttons is fast and simple. In just seconds, you will have a button ready for your latest craft project.
See our pictorial below:
How to Make Fabric Cover Buttons:
Cover Buttons are easy to assemble:
- Cut your fabric scrap. You will want a circle that is about twice the diameter of your button blank.
- Put your fabric piece in the larger assembly tool piece (RIGHT SIDE DOWN). When you look into the tool you want to see the back of the fabric.
- Place the button front (the domed piece) on top of the fabric. Leave the fabric edges hanging out.
- Press the cover button edges down into the tool.
- Place the back cover button piece on top of your fabric and button front. If the cover button will be subject to repeated tugging from the back, you may want to add a little e6000 adhesive before attaching the back.
- Take the smaller piece of the assembly tool and with the open side down place it on the button back.
- Press down. You may hear a pop when the last bit of the button back slips into place. If you take the tool out and the button is not completely secured, just put it back in and press down again.
- When you take the small assembly tool piece off, the fabric edges will be secured underneath the button back.
- Remove the button from the larger assembly tool piece.
*The only addendum to the above instructions was that we cut out small 3/4″ red felt hearts to sandwich between each piece of lace and fabric. You will want to do this before placing the fabric upside down on the tool. Once you press the button cap into place, you can flip our translucent tool over and make sure the heart is placed where you want it.
- Carefully apply E6000 to the inside edges of the Pendant Bezel.
- Press the assembled Fabric Cover Button into place.
- Let dry for the recommended time, add necklace or cord as we did, and enjoy.
To see other great Fabric Cover Button ideas, visit our DIY Project section here.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2017.