Gift Idea #10:
Hanging Kitchen Towels are easy to make, functional, and add a nice punch of color to any kitchen.
1. My towel is 12″ wide so I decided to do 4 sets of KAM Snaps to make sure the towel doesn’t sag. With a ruler and a marker, I marked 1/4″ down x 1″ in on each corner and then 3″ over from each corner mark. See More
Pin for Later: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/201184308328848275/
#ilikebigbuttons #shopilikebigbuttons #kamsnaps #plasticsnaps #kitchengear #kitchenideas #snapping #itsasnap #christmasidea #gift #christmasgift
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2017.
Use these adorable Paper Clip Bookmarks to accent a Valentine for your special loved one or hold your place in your favorite book or cook book. Enjoy!
1. Follow these instructions to make Flat Back Fabric Covered Buttons.
2. Lightly scuff the top of the Paper Clip so the glue will adhere better (not essential but recommended).
3. Lightly scuff the back of the Cover Button so the glue will adhere better (not essential but recommended).
4. Clean both surfaces of dust.
5. Apply E6000 to back of Cover Button.
6. Press into place over the glue pad on the Paper Clip at desired height and remove any extra Adhesive. The bigger the Cover Button the higher you will want to center the cover button.
7. Cut a 6″ piece of Ribbon and knot it on the side of the Paper Clip. Slide it up against the Cover Button. Straighten and cut ends at an angle at desired length.
8. Let dry and enjoy.
View Full Tutorial, plus many other great Fabric Cover Button ideas here.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2016.
Okay, maybe only famous to my friends and family 🙂 but I haven’t had a single complaint. Other than from those poor misguided people who don’t love avocados. What !?! This is my quick and easy recipe. I will also give instructions for the full recipe as I learned it but as I often have less than all the ingredients for a proper guacamole, I have adapted it to fit the way I stock my kitchen.
I love guacamole so much, I will eat it alone 😉 but most often I eat it with chips, corn quesadillas, or bacon burgers.
Supplies (for 2-4 servings):
- 1 Avocado
- A handful of Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Red Pepper Flake
- Garlic Salt to taste (not seasoned)
1. Cut in half and dice the Avocados in their skin. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado into a bowl.
2. Quarter your tomatoes. Sometimes, I squish the tomatoes some to remove the excess juice. The tomato juice can overwhelm the avocado flavor. I, also, like chunkier guacamole but if you like it finer, you can cut your tomatoes finer. Add to the bowl of Avocados.
3. Add a generous sprinkling of dehydrated onions or onion flakes. I don’t measure :). Let’s call it somewhere between 1 to 2 tablespoons.
4. Add Crushed Red Pepper Flakes approximately 1/4 of a teaspoon unless you like more heat. I am more of a mild to medium girl.
5. Add Garlic Salt to taste. You will want to mix everything together and then try it. If you are having guacamole with chips make sure to test it with the chips as they will add an additional layer of salt.
6. Mix with a fork until the guacamole is the texture you desire. Taste test as suggested above and add more Garlic Salt if necessary. I usually let it sit 5-10 minutes to let the onions rehydrate some.
7. Enjoy! Below are the substitutions, I made to the original recipe I received. I make it both ways but my family actually prefers it with the above ingredients.
- Cherry Tomatoes = Diced standard Red Tomato
- Dried Onion Flakes = Diced Red Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes = 1/2 a Jalapeno Diced
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2015.
My Family’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe – for 40 years and counting 🙂
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
1 pound of Butter
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla
5 Cups of Flour
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Soda
2-3 Cups of Chocolate Chips
2 Cups of Oatmeal
2 Cups of Nuts or Raisins (Optional)
- Cream the sugars, butter and eggs.
- Add vanilla, soda, salt, and flour; ease the flour in this will be a very stiff batter. Beat of 3 minutes.
- Add oatmeal, chocolate chips and optional nuts or raisins and mix until blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Don’t over bake.
* Option 1, this will make a very large batch of cookies (estimate 6 dozen???). I have never measured to see how many dozen cookies it will make but lets just say all the neighbors and my husbands co-workers get a treat the next day :).
** Option 2, what I did this last time was cook a couple dozen and shaped the rest of the cookie dough in logs, wrapped them in wax paper, then plastic wrap, and threw them in the freezer. (The cookies didn’t last long, which is why the picture is of cookie dough :P, cooked picture to come shortly.)
***Also, this recipe must be frozen or refrigerated if not cooked immediately.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2014.
The recipes found on this blog are provided as suggestions only. We cannot guarantee that favorable results will be obtained from their use and, therefore, recommend that you conduct appropriate tests under your own operating conditions prior to adoption. The recipes are intended for use by persons having appropriate technical skill, at their own discretion and risk. We assume no obligation or liability, and makes no warranties, with respect to these recipes.
We are not responsible for any domestic accidents, fires or food poisoning that could result from preparation of the recipes, eating of raw eggs, meat and fish. We are not responsible for any kind of food borne disease.
“No Sew” Unpaper Towels with KAM Snaps
1. Choose your Micro Fiber Clothes, I went with a mix of Neon Yellow, Lime Green, and Light Blue colored Clothes and picked from my 130+ color choices to find the best match KAM snaps. Some people use Terry Cloth Kitchen towels or Hand Clothes but I love the cleaning power of Micro Fiber Clothes plus my dear husband found me a screaming deal on Amazon he just couldn’t pass up :). I have a surplus of toilet paper and other household items for the very same reason :P. I also have used Micro Fiber clothes from Walmart, I find them on clearance pretty often which makes them very reasonable.
2. I made a template with clear plastic. It was 1″x 11″-ish strip of plastic (to match the length of my Micro Fiber Clothes) and I punched 3 holes: the 1st at 1/2″ down and 1/2″ in, the 2nd at the other end same 1/2″ up and 1/2″ in, and the 3rd exactly in the middle of the 2 holes 1/2″ in. You can do 2 holes but the 3rd hole keeps the Unpaper Towels from sagging in the middle.
3. Then I marked with a super fine tipped permanent marker where to place the snaps holes.
4. Now install the KAM Snaps, in each hole, I recommend doing all the ones on the left first and then all the ones on the right. I found that I get mixed up otherwise and have to undo my hard work. So I did KAM Snap Caps down (under) on the left with the studs face up. Then I did the right side, I did KAM Snap Caps up (top) with sockets down on (under).
5. Now snap all your towels together, roll them up, and place them on your paper towel holder.
6. Tada, No Sew! I think it looks so much nicer than a kitchen drawer crammed full of wrinkled clothes, don’t you :). Happy Snapping and Cleaning!!!
Today I cleaned my house in preparation for Summer, its been amazing and sunny outside and is making me itch for lazy summer days.
Every summer I put the kids indoor toys up for the summer and we play outside. This year I added downsizing their clothing to 3-5 pairs of shorts, 5 shirts, 2 pants, and a church outfit.
What do you do to prepare for summer or make summer more fun and less work? I would love to hear your ideas.