Gift Idea #10:
Hanging Kitchen Towels are easy to make, functional, and add a nice punch of color to any kitchen.
1. My towel is 12″ wide so I decided to do 4 sets of KAM Snaps to make sure the towel doesn’t sag. With a ruler and a marker, I marked 1/4″ down x 1″ in on each corner and then 3″ over from each corner mark. See More
Pin for Later: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/201184308328848275/
#ilikebigbuttons #shopilikebigbuttons #kamsnaps #plasticsnaps #kitchengear #kitchenideas #snapping #itsasnap #christmasidea #gift #christmasgift
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2017.
Use these adorable Paper Clip Bookmarks to accent a Valentine for your special loved one or hold your place in your favorite book or cook book. Enjoy!
1. Follow these instructions to make Flat Back Fabric Covered Buttons.
2. Lightly scuff the top of the Paper Clip so the glue will adhere better (not essential but recommended).
3. Lightly scuff the back of the Cover Button so the glue will adhere better (not essential but recommended).
4. Clean both surfaces of dust.
5. Apply E6000 to back of Cover Button.
6. Press into place over the glue pad on the Paper Clip at desired height and remove any extra Adhesive. The bigger the Cover Button the higher you will want to center the cover button.
7. Cut a 6″ piece of Ribbon and knot it on the side of the Paper Clip. Slide it up against the Cover Button. Straighten and cut ends at an angle at desired length.
8. Let dry and enjoy.
View Full Tutorial, plus many other great Fabric Cover Button ideas here.
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2016.
“No Sew” Unpaper Towels with KAM Snaps
1. Choose your Micro Fiber Clothes, I went with a mix of Neon Yellow, Lime Green, and Light Blue colored Clothes and picked from my 130+ color choices to find the best match KAM snaps. Some people use Terry Cloth Kitchen towels or Hand Clothes but I love the cleaning power of Micro Fiber Clothes plus my dear husband found me a screaming deal on Amazon he just couldn’t pass up :). I have a surplus of toilet paper and other household items for the very same reason :P. I also have used Micro Fiber clothes from Walmart, I find them on clearance pretty often which makes them very reasonable.
2. I made a template with clear plastic. It was 1″x 11″-ish strip of plastic (to match the length of my Micro Fiber Clothes) and I punched 3 holes: the 1st at 1/2″ down and 1/2″ in, the 2nd at the other end same 1/2″ up and 1/2″ in, and the 3rd exactly in the middle of the 2 holes 1/2″ in. You can do 2 holes but the 3rd hole keeps the Unpaper Towels from sagging in the middle.
3. Then I marked with a super fine tipped permanent marker where to place the snaps holes.
4. Now install the KAM Snaps, in each hole, I recommend doing all the ones on the left first and then all the ones on the right. I found that I get mixed up otherwise and have to undo my hard work. So I did KAM Snap Caps down (under) on the left with the studs face up. Then I did the right side, I did KAM Snap Caps up (top) with sockets down on (under).
5. Now snap all your towels together, roll them up, and place them on your paper towel holder.
6. Tada, No Sew! I think it looks so much nicer than a kitchen drawer crammed full of wrinkled clothes, don’t you :). Happy Snapping and Cleaning!!!
Today I cleaned my house in preparation for Summer, its been amazing and sunny outside and is making me itch for lazy summer days.
Every summer I put the kids indoor toys up for the summer and we play outside. This year I added downsizing their clothing to 3-5 pairs of shorts, 5 shirts, 2 pants, and a church outfit.
What do you do to prepare for summer or make summer more fun and less work? I would love to hear your ideas.