Today, I am making a pretty Fabric Pacifier Clip for Button Style Pacifiers using our silicone MAM rings and O-Rings. Pretty & functional! 🙂
Supplies for a Fabric Pacifier Clip with Button Style Pacifier Adapters:
1. Choose a piece of Fabric, cut it to the dimensions: 14″ x 3 1/2″, the finished product once ironed, folded and sewn will be approximately 7/8″ wide x 12″ long.
2. Fold both 3 1/2″ wide ends in 1/4″ and iron flat.
3. Now fold and iron the fabric in half the long way (14″ length).
4. Then fold and iron again, bringing the outer edges to the middle “iron line” and iron along those edges. Repeat on other side.
5. Re-iron the seam so that the Fabric is smooth and flat, it should now be 13 1/2″ long x 7/8″ wide.
6. Open the top of the Fabric strip and trim the excess internal fabric at an angle so that there is less chance of the ends peeking out when sewn together. Repeat on the other end.
7. Pin the Fabric strip in a couple places to keep it in place.
8. Sew a 1/8″ seam all the way around the piece making sure to back stitch at the start and finish to set the seam.
9. Now installed a Cap and Stud about 1/2″ from the edge and the mating Cap and Socket about 1 1/2″ later so that the center of the two KAM Snap parts are about 1 1/2″ or more apart. Any closer and I found I had trouble getting the MAM Ring or O-Ring Adapter to sit neatly inside. I used Size 20 snaps for this tutorial but either Size 20 or Size 16 will work great.
10. Repeat on the other side, that will hold the Pacifier Clip. I, then, feed the Pacifier Clip and MAM Ring Adapter onto the ribbon and snapped it into place. It may have been easier to thread on the pacifier clip before installing any Snap parts but I was able to feed it through without much trouble.
11. Tada! Now time to add the Pacifier.
12. Simply stretch the MAM Ring or O-Ring around the Button Style Grip on the Pacifier and it will settle behind it and hold the Pacifier securely. Now snap the Pacifier in place, attach to your child’s shirt and go.
13. As pictured, the MAM Rings hold the same way as the O-Rings only with a less subtle profile.
14. Tada! Happy Snapping!!!
© ILikeBigButtons.com and I Like Big Buttons Blog, 2017.